GENERAL. This class is intended for trucks and jeeps that have been slightly modified for competition but still utilize mostly stock components. They must be capable of being made street legal. Engine swaps allowed but must be oem style frame and suspension and oem body.
1) stock steel or oem fiberglass (equivalent) (minimum cutting allowed only for tire clearance.) If it came with doors (oem) must be on vehicle.
2) wheelbase cannot be extended must match body. (body swap allowed.)
3) firewall can be reshaped minimally, but not cut & relocated.
4) Must retain factory floor pan.
5) Flatbeds must be meet by tech approval.
6) Must retain stock glass (all) except back glass can be Plexiglas for roll bars.
7) Headlights and taillights may be removed, but must be covered.
8) Front bumper required
9) interior cannot be gutted.
10) Single race seat allowed (stock location)
1) full uncut factory frame front to rear (must retain 2 stock cross members)
2) minimum 4 point roll cage required (open top vehicle must 6 point roll cage)
3) Rear suspension must be leaf spring unless equipped otherwise from the factory. Ladder bars (36” non-adjustable) suspension allowed (NO 4 link,3link,floaters,or coil over’s shocks allowed.) Front suspension may be leaf springs, coil springs & radius arm (max 32” non-adjustable.) or ifs. Others front suspension styles permitted if oem for that vehicle only(relocation of mounting points not permitted.)
4) Leaf-springs vehicles must have a min. of (2) leaf springs at each corner of vehicle.
5) Any stock style front & rear differentials allowed. Axles can be upgraded. NO final drives or unimog axles.
6) Any stock transfer-case allowed (no quick-change or open chain drives.)
7) Fuel cell, battery and radiator may be relocated.
8) Transmission modifications and NO Trans brakes or air shifters, NO power glides. (stall converter allowed)
9) 4 wheel brakes -dual master cylinder required.
10) Maximum 37” unaltered dot tires allowed.
11) MAX> WEIGHT big block 3800lbs. Small block 3500lbs.
12) Must have rear hookup for cable is required.( NO chains.)
1) Engine max. (505) cu. in. (oem block & cast heads only cast's #'s)
2) Big block engines in full size trucks only small truck & suv's must be small block or smaller..........
3) Engine must be located in approximate stock location. Firewall will dictate location(no more than 2” from center of front axle tube to #1 face of head.
4) No aluminum engine blocks or heads ( unless oem)
5) Single carb. (gas only) Limited to 4150/4160 (no predators, dominators, splits or stretched , sv-1)
6) oem fuel injection only.
7) Cast aluminum intake only (no tunnel rams or sheet metal intakes)
8) Open headers are allowed for competitions
9) Nitrous, turbos, and superchargers are not permitted (factory installed oem turbos permitted on diesels) vehicles must meet all safety requirements
10) msd ok (no mags.)
11) factory style oem 4.8-5.3-6.0 with aluminum heads with carb. allowed but must add 100lbs of ballasts( painted orange & may be weight.) only mods. allowed is (edelbrock cast intake & 4150/4160 carbs.) msd box from edelbrock (performer) only part# 7118a, stock coils (no aftermarket, msd, edelbrock, etc. ,no heads or crank or piston swaps allowed.)
OUTLAW SUPER STOCK:
General this class is intended for trucks & jeeps that have been highly modified for competition. Although these vehicles can be gutted they must appear to be stock and must utilize a full factory frame in their chassis, any engine, frame (oem) combination allowed.
1) Stock steel body or oem fiberglass (equivalent) body requirements (no race body) If it came with doors (oem) must be on vehicles.
2) gutting of body is allowed. Must retain appearance from exterior.
3) Wheelbase must match body being used. (front axle must be inside of wheel wall (stock).
4) Firewall and floor pan can be cut and relocation.
5) Flatbeds must be approve by tech.
6) Wind shield glass not required.
7) Headlights and taillights not required, need to be covered.
8) Driver seat must be in stock location (cannot be move toward rear ( 84” from center of front axle to back of seat.))
9) interior can be gutted.
10) Bumpers not required.
11) 5 point harness required when using racing seat.
12) Kill switch rear of truck & next to driver in seatbelts.
1) full uncut factory frame from center of front axle (differential) to center of rear axle (differential), must retain (2) stock cross members.
2) Minimum 6 point roll cage required.
3) Any suspension – leaf spring- coil springs-ifs.-3link-coilovers allowed (Must have at least 2 single leaf springs on rear) (NO -4-link or back halves allowed)
4) Any stock style front & rear differentials allowed 2.5 axle allowed (no sheet metal housing)
5) any style transfer case (no open chain drive).
6) Fuel cell, radiator & battery may be relocated.
7) Transmission must be shield - modification & transcribes allowed.
8) 4 wheel brakes, dual master cyl. Required. pinion brakes allowed as a extra brake only. (four wheel brakes on all four corners required in 2014)
9) max. 40”(39.5) ( **** un-altered dot or class could run altered (cuts) class ****)
10) Minimum weight big block 3150lbs. Small block 2850lbs.
1) Any automotive style engine-acceptable (no aluminum blocks) max. 540 cu.in.
2) Engine must be location 10” to #1 spark plug to center of front axle(6”to face of #1 head = 10” to #1 plug.)
3) any single carb. Gas or alcohol allowed (fire suit is required.)
4) Oem fuel injection allowed.
5) Cast aluminum intake only (no tunnel rams-or sheet metal intakes.)
6) vacuum pump& dry sumps allowed.
7) No nos allowed.
8) Conventional oem style aluminum heads allowed (no raised runner heads) accept oem.
PRO PIT TRUCKS----(OUTLAW
This class is intended for trucks and jeeps that have been highly modified for competition. Although these vehicles can be gutted, they must appear stock and must utilize a full factory or 2x3 sq. tube frame in their chassis. Any engine, frame, body combination allowed.” NO PASSENGERS.”
1) Stock steel body or fiberglass or aluminum bodies allowed.
2) Gutting of bodies is allowed. Must retain stock appearance for exterior. (rear bedsides must be center of rear tire. or more....
3) Firewall and floor pan can be cut and relocation.
4) Flats must meet tech approval.
5) Windshield glass not required.
6) Headlights and taillights not required.
7) Interior can be gutted.
8) Driver seat can be relocation to center of vehicle, but can not be moved toward the rear.
9) Bumpers not required.
1) Front axle must be inside stock fender wall.
2) Full uncut factory or 2x3 sq. tube frame from front differential to rear differential to (center to center of axles tubes) and must retain 2 cross-members in chassis.
3) Minimum of 8 point roll cage
4) maximum distance from center of front axle to seat back is 84”.
5) any suspension ( 3-link-4-link-coilovers ,etc.) allowed ,no back halves.
6) Any stock type front or rear differentials (aftermarket) allowed. Axles can be upgraded. No final drives or unimog axles.
7) Any style Oem or aftermarket chain drives or gear drives transfer case set-ups (open must be shield 360 degree allowed.
8) Fuel cell , radiator and battery may be relocated.
9) Transmission modifications and trans brake allowed ( must be shielded).
10) 4 wheel brakes on all wheels and dual master cylinder required in 2014.
11) Maximum 46.5” cut or uncut dot tires.
12) Minimum weight for big block 2850lbs and small blocks 2550lbs.
1) Any automotive type engine acceptable.
2) Engine must be located with #1 spark plug no more than 12” behind the center of the front axle tube.
3) NOS allowed.
4) aluminum blocks allowed.
5) Any type of cylinder head and intake manifold allowed.
6) MAXIMUM of 2-4 barrels of carburetors or oem or aftermarket fuel injection only.( no turbo's or superchargers allowed).
7) Vacuum pumps and dry sumps allowed.
8) factory installed oem turbo's permitted on diesels only
VEHICLES MUST MEET ALL SAFETY REQUIREMENT.
( PIT CLASS) ( PRO):
This class is intended for highly modified 4 wheel drive vehicles allowing tube chassis, any engine location, aluminum engine blocks and superchargers. These vehicles need not resemble any factory produced vehicle.
1) A body is required. It can be constructed from metal, fiberglass or plastic and can be any design.
2) A firewall and floor pan must be present protecting driver from engine and driveline components.
1) Chassis material, design and workmanship must meet safety requirements and tech approval.
2) Rear engine vehicles roll cage must provide adequate protection to driver legs.
3) Any type suspension allowed.
4) Paddle tires or maximum 46.5” dot tires with alterations (cuts) allowed (tractor 18.4 x 16.1).
5) Minimum weight with driver and power adders 2450 big block, 2150 small block.
Minimum weight with driver and no power adders 2150 big block, 1850 small block.
6) Dual independent master cylinder brake system required.
7) Four independent wheel brakes required.
8) Maximum wheelbase 150”
1) Any automotive type engine acceptable (aluminum blocks allowed).
2) Blowers, turbo chargers, injection, multiple carbs. ,and nitrous allowed.
3) Gas or alcohol only, no nitro methane or similar fuel accelerators.
4) Any safety constructed competition exhaust allowed.
5) Blower restraints and belt shield required. Blower and hat blanket and fuel line shield highly recommended.
1) all vehicles must be equipped with a tether-operated kill-switch mounted at the rear of the vehicle.
Vehicle must meet all safety requirements.
TRAIL TRUCK CLASS
1) pump gas or diesel only
2) charging system required.
3) Cooling. required.
4) Must be trail rated by track owner discretion
5) no passengers
6) brake system working
7) seat belts with shoulder harness required
8) must wear helmet
9) 4 wheel drive
10) vehicle with open top must have roll bar.
11) Tractor tires,50 inch or taller.
MUD WARS FAST TRACK SERIES RULES
VEHICLE GENERAL RULES REQUIREMENTS:
Vehicle must have a rigid front and rear hitching point.
a) tow hook retaining clips required.
b) hitching point must be easily accessible and of substantial construction. No chains ,straps cables, or frame rail holes permitted. Shackles or pulling on rear axles will not be acceptable.
c)if you are using your stock or add-on bumper, the mounting brackets must be at least .25 thick.
d) A rear axle hitching point is acceptable on vehicles. With 3 or 4 link suspension, subject to tech personnel approval. A pintle hook ( rather than a clevis) will pass as long as the top jaw locks and releases.
All fuel lines, coolant lines belts, and hoses must be in good condition.
Every vehicle must have an ignition kill -switch by driver and at rear of vehicle.
A) A stock ignition switch will pass , Except in Outlaw super stock, renegade dot & cuts, 2wd,economy, outlaw, open ,super stock, super street(if key is not on steering wheel.
b) the kill switch must be clearly labeled kill switch or off or on.
c) kill -switch must shut all power off to all electric pumps, nitrous and ignition systems.
d) Switch must be within driver's reach while he/she is fastened securely in harness.
e) classes – outlaw super stock – renegade cut's and dot's,- 2wd – economy -outlaw pro stock – pro pit trucks- pro modification- outlaw -open- super street-- super stock -must have a master cut off or kill switch mounted at rear as close to centered as possible ( accessible when vehicle is on it side or upside down.) this switch must disconnect all the battery power and shut off engine. Switch must be clearly labeled .Magneto power vehicles will need to incorporate relay # 2501 available from vertex, to comply with above rule.
No engine or transmission coolers devices will be allowed inside the driver's compartment of vehicle.
Each vehicles battery must be secured held down (battery box) (no rope chains straps expanded cords -etc.)
IF battery is mounted inside the vehicle, it must be completely covered and secured. A marine type case is required.
(a) All supercharged vehicles are required to use aluminum blower studs and approved blower restraints. blower belt guards required. If needed to protect fuel lines.
(b) Classes mud bog -super street-4 & 6 -outlaw super stock -stock-renegade dot(cuts)-fast track---- 2wd-encomecy-super stock-46.5 renegade cuts- stock -must be single carburetor naturally aspirated -except factory option. Kids mini rear engine dragsters & mini tractor tires carburetor 2bl. 4112ct only.
(c) Classes- super street-4 & 6- kid's mini rear engine dragsters & mini tractor tire-outlaw super stock-renegade dot (cuts)-pro pit truck-outlaw (open)-2wd- economy-super stock- renegade cuts- pro modified-outlaw pro stock-open(paddles) must use (3) springs (return) on throttle; 1 on pedal and 2 on carb. or injection.
(d) All vehicles with injection must have a fuel shut-off in driver's compartment within driver's reach while he/she is fasted securely in 4-point harness.
Mud bogs: super street - outlaw super stock-renegade dot(cuts)-pro pit trucks-outlaw(open)-tractor tire- 4&6(if not oem (factory) set-up)-kids mini tractor tire class-fast track-mini rear engine dragsters -economy -2wd- super stock -renegade cuts-outlaw pro stocks-pro modified open(paddles).
1 All vehicles with height over 20" must have driveshaft loops.
(a) driveshaft loops must be substantial rigid construction. All mounting bolts must be a minimum of 5/16 ( grade 8 ) diameter.
(b) Each driveshaft must have a minimum of 2 loops if a vehicle has shaft no longer than 24", one loop properly centered will be suffice.
(c) Driveshaft loops must be rigidly mounted to frame rails or to the floor on both sides of the shaft.
(d) Loop location is to be no less than 6" and no more than 12" on solid end of the shaft, and 1" past on end with slip jiont, or 3 loops must be evenly spaced so that if the slip joint breaks, shaft will not drop.
(e) Vehicles in classes - mud bogs- super street- outlaw super stock-renegade dot(cuts) -pro pit trucks- outlaw(open)-tractor tires- Kids mini tractor tires- fast track - Kids mini rear engine dragster- super stock -2wd- economy -renegade cuts-outlaw pro stock- pro modified-open (paddles).
Must have full 360 degree x 3" wide and 1/4" thick guards on all u-joints on all driveshaft’s. All mounting bolts must be a minimum of 5/16" (grade8) diameter.
2 Transmissions blankets or shield for automatics and approved bell housing for manual transmission will be required on all vehicles running in classes.
Mud bog: Super street- outlaw super stock-renegade dot(cuts)-pro pit truck(outlaw pro stock)- outlaw(open)-tractor tire- mini-tractor tire (kids) fast track: mini rear engine dragster (kids)-super stock- 2wd –economy -renegade cuts-outlaw pro stock-pro modified – open paddles.
(a) mechanical clutch equipped vehicles must have an nhra approved explosion proof bell housing with block saver plate. Must be installed with approved manufacturer’s hardware.
(b) All vehicles must be required to have steel plate or billet flywheel. The flywheel must be steel with the following minimum mechanical properties; tensile strength 60,000 psi and a yield strength of 40,000 psi. Any aluminum or magnesium flywheel that meets or exceeds sfi/sema specs. Will be acceptable.
(c) Automatic transmission vehicles must have approved safely blanket or approved transmission shield. ( see d)
(d) Automatic transmission shield : A flexible blanket that meets sfi specs. 4-1,1/4 steel or 5061-t6 aluminum shield is required. Must be installed with approved manufacturer’s hardware.
Vehicles in classes mud bog: super street- outlaw super stock- renegade dot(cuts)-pro pit truck ( outlaw pro stock )- outlaw (open)- tractor tire- mini-tractor tire (kids)- fast track: mini rear engine dragsters- super stock-2wd-enconcy-renagade cuts-outlaw pro stock-pro modified-open (paddles).
Must have full 360 degree x 3” wide x1/4 “ thick guards on all u-joints on all driveshaft’s. (see figure 1)
The running gear of each vehicle will be inspected to verify the safely of such critical parts as steering-brakes-welds-tires and body condition.
Classes: super street- outlaw super stock-renegade dot(cuts)-pro pit trucks(outlaw pro stock)-4&6 cyl.(if not oem (factory) set up.)- outlaw (open)-tractor tire-mini-tractor tire.-fast track: mini-rear engine dragsters (kids)-super stock-2wd- economy, renegade cuts-outlaw pro stock-pro modified (cuts)- open (paddles). Stock harmonic balancer with a shield a is required.( recommend aftermarket harmonic.)If balancer pulley exceed If balancer pulley exceeds balancer diameter, this will be permitted in lieu of a shield. Classes except 4 & 6 cyl. Above are required to have approved steel harmonic balancer or must have a ¼ steel shield covering balancer no more than 1” away from balancer with a minimum of (2) tabs attached 180 degrees apart so that balancer cannot move forward. Factory water pump may be used as part of shield.(balancer must be bolted to crankshaft.)
All chain driven vehicles must have a steel plate shield or guard of 1/8” minimum thickness. Steel plate must be securely mounted to engine or frame structure, to contain chain in the event of breakage. Floor pan is an acceptable cover if it is within 3 inches ot chain at both ends. Frame can pass as end cover- subject to tech inspector approval.
(1) All fuel tanks or fuel cell must be isolated from driver’s compartment by a firewall.
(a) gas tank must be located inside the frame perimeter.
(b) Fuel lines must be isolated from driver’s compartment by sub –floor.
(c) Tanks must have adequate latching gas cap.
(d) Tank’s must have sufficient capacity to make full runs.
(e) Adding fuel after engine is started is prohibited.
(f) Fuel tanks must be securely fastened with a minimum of two(2) metal straps-3/4” minimum width.
(g) See specific classes.
2. classes: Pro pit trucks(outlaw pro stock)-outlaw (open)-outlaw pro stock-pro modified-open (paddles).
(a) a ¼ turn only-valve within driver’s reach must be used to shut off bottle.
(b) If 2 bottles are used, both must use a ball valves and must be on one cable to shut off flow.
(c) The electrical power source for fuel pumps and nitrous switch must pass through the master kill switch.
(d) Throttle switch must be a loaded button(momentary switch.)
(e) Nitrous filter is mandatory.
(a) see specific for classes.
(1) All vehicles must have working and adequate brake systems.
(a) You will be asked at tech to engage brakes and try to pull forward until tech inspector is satisfied that your brakes are adequate.
(b) If the vehicle is being towed through tech, the brakes in the competition vehicle will be engaged and the tow vehicle will try to pull it forward.
(c) Brake lines must be steel.
(d) Stock flex line acceptable
(e) see specific for classes
(A) see specific for classes
(A) You are only allowed to run one set of tires per paid entry.
(B) D.o.t. tires are tires with raised dot stamping on the sidewall.
(C) NO recapped tires will be allowed.
(D) Tires sizes will be determined by use of a set of calipers.
(E) Tires must be mounted with no missing lug nuts.
1. Firewall and full floor are mandatory(.030 minimum.)
2. All vehicles in classes with removal top or open vehicles must be equipped with minimum of 4 point roll cage.
(a) roll bars must be of substantial construction(exhaust pipe tubing will not be acceptable.) with a minimum diameter of 1 ½” (.095) round tube with no sharp corners and with sufficient mounting to the vehicle.
(b) If roll bars are paddled, the area of the welds shall be exposed for inspection.
(c) Roll bars must be constructed of at least .095 steel round tube
(d) Must be constructed in a manner such that it is one continuous bend.
(e) Manufactured or purchased “show bars” are not acceptable.
(f) All roll bars will have a 1/8” hole drilled and marked in an accessible location in order that wall gauge can be inspected.
3. All vehicles in classes with accepted of stock –street stock trail trucks that
(don’t have remove top or open tops cage not required. But are highly recommend) All removable top & open tops must have roll bar 6 point
All classes excepted above must have a minimum of 4 point cage 1 ½” x .095
(a) 6 point cage required with open top and fiberglass bodies.
(b) Single center seat vehicles must have x-bracing behind driver’s seat or nhra approved cage.
(c) Plates to tie in shall be no less than 3/16” thick
(d) bolts must be a minimum of grade 8.
(e) Tie-in shall be done as in the drawing. See figure 2
OPERATION OF CONTEST:
1. All competition vehicles requiring a tech inspection must have numbered participant window sticker prominently displayed on their vehicle prior to being teched
2. all vehicles competing in driving event must be teched-in and meet all tech pertaining to the class that vehicle fits in.
3. classes (lower) vehicles meeting tech and safely requirements in lower classes will be allowed to enter higher classes (with same weight and tires as lower class is.( if you change tires or removal body panels have go back through tech for retech. And weight.) providing no alterations have been made.(excepted changing of tires)example weight 3800lbs in super street or more in outlaw super stock or re-tech with tire using in outlaw super stock..
4. no vehicles will be teched-in on a trailer. No one will be allowed to unload in front of tech area.
5. no high speed driving or hot dogging will not be tolerated(O) in the tech area –pits-or staging. NO WARNING WILL BE GIVEN .you him/her D/Q from the race and no refunds . these actions are grounds for immediate disqualifying of vehicle and driver by event management.
6. Racers will be limited to one pass only if there are more than the following in each class: 40 entries in mud bog street stock-4 & 6 cyl.-trail trucks class- tractor tire- mini-tractor tire class-Fast track- stock-2wd- economy--mini-rear engine dragsters.
30 entries in classes: super street-outlaw super stock-renegade dot(cuts) –pro pit trucks(outlaw pro stock)-outlaw (open) fast track: super stock-renegade cuts-outlaw pro stock-pro modified-open (paddles)
7. classes may enter twice(2) if 8 trucks or less with same driver but only get paid once(1) for class. must pay for extra pass before class starts.(please read rule #6 above)
8. one tech inspection per vehicle entry.
(a) what you drive through tech is what you compete in.
(b) the tires that are on vehicle in tech area are tires you will run for that class.
(c) If you do not past the first time through, you will be told what you need and can be re-teched before your tech class closes.
(d) If a class is scheduled to run during tech inspection hours then tech for class will be close 1hr. before driver’s meeting.
9. you must have all your safety equipment with you at tech in order to pass tech.
10. (a) tech will close an hour after registration closes each day & 1 hour before driver meeting.( example registration closed at 4.00 pm than tech closed at 5.00 pm –driver’s meeting at 6.00 pm).
(b) tech inspection for each class will close 1 hour before driver’s meeting.
11. when you have completed tech-go to tech registration area and receive
your running order.
(b) mud drags & mud bogs:
1. running order and lane choice for all classes will be determined by random drawing at tech.
(a) classes that have to be scale upon entering the competition area. scales will be located in competition area. Vehicles will be allowed to rescale up until the start of driver meeting.
2. All classes
(a) second run will be same order as first run but in the opposite lane (fast track )
(b) mud bogs: will be revised in other 1st will run last- last will run first(same order)
(c) final class standing will be determined using the fastest time of two runs. if one pass is only allowed fastest time is 1st place-etc.
3.once a class has started, no one can leave staging lanes.
4. vehicles will not be allowed to wash off between runs.(sponging off windshield and tread area of tires are permitted, but vehicles cannot get out of line.)
5. each driver must bring his/her own vehicle unassisted to the staging lane and is responsible for staging of said vehicle.
(a) no blocking will be done.
(b) If is recommended that all vehicles be equipped with a brake lock or hand brake for staging.
(c) If driver and truck are not primary staging lanes 20 or less positions out, in the proper running order at the time they are asked to move into secondary staging, vehicle will be disqualified. In case of mechanical failure, driver will be dropped to the rear of the class and be on a 3 minute call. when it is his/her turn to come to staging.
6. no smoking while in staging area or while in competition area.
7. base on facility size and safety factors show management reserves the right to operate contest with only one lane of mud drags or mud bog pit. if this is necessary, each entered vehicle will receive only one pass through the mud lanes or pit.
8. any vehicle entered into more than one class .who has broken or crashed may be asked to re-tech before it can compete in next class.(tech director decides)
9. if caught drink alcohol or drugs in any area before your class. Him/her will be D/Q and arm band remove and your truck put on your trailer and bar from staging-pit-competition area and will forfeited all money and points for the race. if 2nd infraction happens you lose all points for the year in all classes and suspended from next race. if 3rd happened suspended for 1 year from day of infraction (driver and vehicle in question)…… NO drinking during racing.
Any protest of a run must be made with-in 5 minutes of class competition and must be made by the protesting driver only. The protest committee shall be as follows: tech chairman- mud drag chairman-and shutdown flagman. Protest fee is non-refundable and will be donated to the points fund. Protest fee is 500.00 dollars(cash).
If vehicle has been D/Q the driver of said vehicle only has 5 minutes after class to ask why. If any other person get involved you & person or party are D/Q and lose all points and money for event.
(d) schedule information:
1. driver meeting 1 hour before race time for all classes to start (mandatory)
2. tech will close 1 hour before driver’s meeting.
Note; your show registration includes (2) two weekend passes (1) driver band (1) pit crew band ---- all others must pay @ registration for extra band for pit crew.
Get to event early to be tech before race time.
Show reserves the right to make any necessary changes to these rules. WE apologize for any inconvenience. Final judgment will be made by the competition director.
TECH will close 1 hour before driver’s meeting. IF not tech you don’t run!!!!